Music – Justin Hewitt 2007
Produced by Joby Baker, whom also constructed Alex Cuba’s 2008 Juno Award winning record Agua Del Pozo, Justin Hewitt’s self-titled first solo release displayed an intense, original and dynamic young artist with tremendous musicality.
With the album being recorded over the span of 2006 / 07, it featured a collection of his strongest original compositions crafted during his past 7 years of gigging throughout Western Canada and internationally in the UK.
In 2006 Justin showcased at the Magdalene College Commemoration Ball where he found himself on the same bill as Pharrell Williams and the Body Rockers. Upon returning home to Victoria BC he was motivated by friends dbClifford (Sony recording artist) and Joby Baker to take his material into the studio under their guidance and mentorship. The record, Justin Hewitt, was released in November 2007.
Singer/songwriter Justin Hewitt’s self-titled solo album took the listener on a journey that was raw, honest, thoughtful and emotional. This debut effort proved Justin to be an intense, original and dynamic young artist with tremendous musicality. An artistic force with over 20 years of performing experience, Justin has captured international attention with his music… and he’s returning for his follow up effort.
Justin described his first album as a self-portrait that draws from personal and life experiences.
New Music in 2018
Justin describes his next effort as a complex and matured mosaic of personal commentaries of love lost, found, nourished, and fully committed. Life experience has matured his lyrical choices, and past experience and mentorships working with songwriters and professional musicians throughout the Canadian scene, including 54-40, the Grapes of Wrath and multiple others, have helped to evolve his song craft.
Justin will be working once again with Joby Baker in November 2018 to recreate the magic they captured over 10 years ago.
- 2017 signed an exclusive publishing deal for the record Justin Hewitt with Triple Scoop Music
- Over 7 years as part of a professional cover band, the Temps, a favorite of the Victoria local music scene and performing corporate and private functions throughout Vancouver Island,
- *2011 Mount Doug Idol Finalist – David Foster, Amy Foster, Nelly Furtado
- *2009 Close Your Eyes (Allison’s Song) premiered, on Much Music’s The WEDGE, Bravo!Videos, MTV, and the London Independent Film Festival
- *2008 Independent Music World Series WEST semi- finalist
- *2008 New Music West Performer
- *2007 International Songwriting Competition Finalist
Performance and songwriting: Close Your Eyes (Allison’s Song)
“It’s time to think about another original recording.”Justin Hewitt